|Joachim De Posada|
By Joachim De PosadaWebsite • Follow Me on Twitter • Follow on Facebook
The immense power of choice
By Joachim de Posada
- The “what” is the goal itself and this is what provides the purpose.
- They “why” is the “what’s in it for me”, it’s what I have to gain and this provides fuel to reach the goal.
- The “how” is the strategy, the blueprint that provides the direction and milestones for achievement.
- Goals establish direction for you and others in your company, in your family and even in your country. Yes, families and countries must have goals too. If you don’t set goals how will you know where you are going?
- Goals identify the results you expect. If you don’t have goals, how do you measure your progress?
- Goals provide a challenging force. They challenge you to try harder, to grow, to make extra efforts. If you don’t have goals, how do you move out of your comfort zone?
- Setting goals builds self- confidence and reduces tension. Yes, stress is lowered when imprecision, unclearness and doubt are replaced with focus, concentration and purpose.
- Is the goal really, really attainable—or even desirable?
- Is the time table to reach our goal realistic? Doable? Why or why not?
- Is this goal in sync with our company’s purpose, mission, values?
- Are the resources and the people I will need available or acquirable?
- Do we have the in house expertise, in other words, the skills, the talent and the experience required to achieve this goal?
- Are we willing to pay the price, are we really committed to give it all we have got in order to be successful?